Thursday, April 8, 2010

What the...?

Today I was looking at the Shiva Nata DVD and decided to peek at the end of Level 1. I tried the first square with just the feet. And I was giggling because the phrase "What the fuuuuuck?" Just kept popping into my head over and over as I kept looking over my shoulder at the TV to figure out which direction he was turning in now.

After that I did arms and legs Level 1 with H arms and Level 2 with V arms. It actually went quite well. Surprisingly the one with V arms went better even though I feel like I know H arms better. But it's like my body knew what was next even while it was struggling with the legs that I was learning as I went along. Now I have to explain that I have never ever been coordinated or good at physical stuff so that is quite interesting to me. I guess it does help a bit that I used to study Karate and learn Kata which has a lot of putting together arms and legs.

So here I am. Committing to doing Shiva Nata regularly and somewhat obsessively. Why not? I am kind of working on Leap of Faith stuff in other areas of life, so might as well jump in wholeheartedly here! Intentions are to be open to possibilites and not let fear and judgements prevent me from getting out and doing. Like many introverts I think I spend a lot of time thinking about doing and absolutely none actually doing.

1 comment:

  1. I used to do karate myself and I must admit, I hadn't made the connection before- but you're right! Kata and the sequences are similar in some ways :).

    I'm glad to be reading this today - I just put a note in the Book of Me about how I am an introvert and it's okay to have time to myself. I'd agree that I spend a good 5:1 ration on "planning/thinking about doign" vs. actual action. It's part of our charm? :P

    Loving the blog so far - it's great to hear about all the insights you're having :)

    In Light,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete