Friday, March 19, 2010

Epiphanies everywhere

I just read a wonderful post by Havi on her Shiva Nata blog

http://shivanata.com/blog/theory/oh-and-some-more-epiphanies/

and there's a comment from jessie in there that was absolutely amazing and hit me also like a ton of bricks. Pasting in here so I won't forget the beauty that is here.

"last week’s parsha was ki tissa, which i have always loved–the golden calf, betzalel, men with hearts of wisdom, whiny israelites…and this week, it really hit me that false idols (which i’ve been thinking of for years now as the demons of TV! and Consumption! and Celebrity!) are really things that we engineer to simply feel more secure. we make like the israelites, and beg someone else to make us something that will Fix Us and keep us from the horrible hungry monster of worry. Just something external that will help us stop thinking about the horrible gaping hole inside of us."

All my lessons since I started this have been about forgiving myself and others. Not judging, not feeling like i have to prove myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment